Want to Comment, but don’t know what’s ‘acceptable’?
Thanks for coming to the site, and thank you even more for wanting to participate. If we all had the same ideas, life would be pretty boring and plain.
One of the reasons I wanted to make this site was to talk about games. Not just my point of view, but discussions with others as well.
But the internet can be a pretty mean place. I still love this NSFW Penny Arcade comic that sums it up nicely.
So by using the third party Disqus, I am hoping a lot of spam trolling and other admin issues will be minimised.
But for the rest of us, some guidelines to hopefully keep everyone happy and chatting 🙂
The Golden Rules
- If you wouldn’t say it to the person’s face, definitely don’t post it.
- Be courteous and considerate of others.
- Different opinions are valuable, personal attacks are not. If someone has a different opinion, please agree to disagree and move on.
- No swearing or rude language. You never know who is reading your comments.
- Stay on topic and to the point.
- Links will need to be moderated before they show publicly, but don’t be afraid to post links to make a point or share some info! No marketing links though – if you want to promote your product, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk about it as per rules in the About page.
- Likewise, if you don’t log in to the comment, it will be moderated before being shown publicly. This stops auto-spam and the like but also keeps ownership of opinions clear.
But most of all, have fun and enjoy!
Looking forward to talking to you soon,